Luciana M. Shaddox, D.D.S., M.S., Ph.D.
- May 2000: First place award – oral presentation: “Effect of the association Triclosan-Gantrez-Zinc-pirosphosphate on the trypsin-like activity and SVC formation”, XIII Dental meeting of Bauru at the School of Dentistry of Bauru – São Paulo, on May 19, 2000. Machion L*, Nogueira-Filho G, Sallum EA. (presenter)
- Oct 2003: First place award – oral presentation: “Clinical evaluation of the association of local doxycycline 10% to scaling and root planing on the subgingival microbiota of smokers” Machion L*, Andia DC, Nogueira-Filho GR, Casati MZ, Nociti FH, Sallum EA Presented at the I international dental meeting at the School of Dentistry at Piracicaba on October 10th, 2003. (presenter)
- July 2009: nominated and selected as one of three finalists for the American Academy of Periodontology (AAP) Teaching Fellowship award.
- April 2010: 1/10 finalists for the Excellence Awards for Assistant Professors at the University of Florida College of Dentistry.
- April 2010: Awarded the American Academy of Periodontology Faculty of the Year Award, at the University of Florida College of Dentistry.
- June 2010: Nominated by the class of 2012 to assist coating the DMD students at the White Coat Ceremony- University of Florida College of Dentistry.
- October 2010: recipient of the American Academy of Periodontology Teaching Fellowship award.
- December 15 2010: Nominated by department chairman for the Anthony Rizzo Young Investigator Award.
- May 12 2011: recipient of the Excellence Award for Assistant Professors at University of Florida.
- July 1st 2012: awarded tenure and promoted to the rank of Associate professor at University of Florida College of Dentistry.
- March 2014: 2nd place on the Student Research Group DENTSPLY/Caulk competition- 2014 AADR meeting, Charlotte, NC (presented by a pre-dental student).
Mentored Student Awards
- March 2008: Second place- poster presentation: Hyper-Responsive Trait Among Children with Aggressive Periodontitis J.L. Wiedey*, I. Magnusson, M.J. Clare-Salzer, I. Aukhil, L. Shaddox, S.M. Pop. Presented at University of Florida College of Dentistry Research Day (Co-mentor – presented by DMD student)
- April 2009: Honorable mention for poster presentation during research day at UFCD: Evaluation Of Local Vs. Systemic Antibiotic Administration In Dental Biofilms. N. Camacho*, S. Resposo, J. Gollwitzer, B. Alfant, C. Walker and L. Shaddox. April 4 2009 at Research Day at University of Florida, April 10 2009. (presented by DMD student)
- April 2010: Timing Effects of Systemic Antibiotics in Aggressive Periodontitis Treatment. Beliveau D*, Wallet SM, Magnusson I, Aukhil I, Shaddox LM. 1st place in the 2010 AADR Student Research Group DENTSPLY/Caulk competition, Clinical Sciences. (presented by DMD student)
- April 2010: Timing Effects of Systemic Antibiotics in Aggressive Periodontitis Treatment. Beliveau D*, Wallet SM, Magnusson I, Aukhil I, Shaddox LM. 3rd place in the Celebration of Science competition, Clinical Sciences. (presented by DMD student)
- June 2010: Contribution of Local And Systemic Inflammatory Responses In Non-Controlled Type II Diabetic Patients With Periodontal Disease. R Mesia*, SM Wallet, I Aukhil, MJ Clare-Salzler, L.M. Shaddox. Finalist in the Research Forum Poster Session at the American Academy of Periodontology’s Annual Meeting (presented by Periodontal resident)
- April 2011: Aggressive Periodontitis Inflammatory Response upon Healthy and Diseased Biofilm Stimulation. WP Spencer*, N Calderon, SM Wallet, LM Shaddox. 3rd place in the Celebration of Science competition and 2nd place in the AADR student association competition (presented by DMD student)
- March 22nd 2012: Inflammatory response of Aggressive Periodontitis upon Stimulation of toll-like receptors. N. Guba, H. Huang, I. Aukhil, S. Wallet, and L. Shaddox – 2nd place on the Student Research Group DENTSPLY/Caulk competition- 2012 AADR meeting, Tampa, FL. This DMD student also received a travel award to represent the UFCD at the ADA meeting in 2012 to present this study.
- October 2012: Travel award received for mentored DMD students: Danny Kalash and Nina Guba to present their research at the Hinman Student Research Symposium, University of Tennessee College of Dentistry.
- 2013-2014 ADEA Gies Academic Fellowship Awards for two mentored DMD students: Danny Kalash (junior) and Nina Guba (sophmore).
- March 2013: AADR research award receieved by mentored DMD student Danny Kalash.
- October 2013: AAP Forum poster presentation Clinical Impact Award: Clinical Response of Primary versus Permanent Dentition with Localized Aggressive Periodontitis. S. Merchant*, D. Kalash, A. Vovk, H. Huang, S. Wallet, I. Aukhil, LM. Shaddox. Presented by undergraduate student applying for DMD-PhD program.